The Commonwealth of The Bahamas, is a country within the Lucayan Archipelago of the West Indies in the Atlantic. With 16 major islands, The Bahamas are scattered across 100,000 square miles of crystal clear waters. The Bahamas has 20 airports, making The Family Islands easily accessible by private jet charter for vacation or business travel.
More About The Bahamas
The main islands include: The Abacos, Acklins & Crooked Island, Andros, The Berry Islands, Bimini, Cat Island, Eleuthera & Harbour Island, The Exumas, Freeport Grand Bahama Island, Inagua, Long Island, Mayaguana, Nassau & Paradise Island, Ragged Island, Rum Cay, and San Salvador.
Fantastic Facts About The Bahamas from the Caribbean Report newsletter:
- The Bahamas is an archipelago of 700+ islands and 2,500 cays stretching 100,000+ square miles
- The Bahamas has the world’s 3rd longest barrier reef
- Bimini is a mere 50 miles from Florida
- The Bahamas is a major location for film and TV productions
- Junkanoo is a colorful and unique parade held on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- The ratio of flamingoes to people on Great Inagua is 61:1
- Though not widely played, cricket is the national sport
- Paradise Island was originally called Hog Island
A passport and Immigration card are required upon entry to The Bahamas. Allow Bohlke International Aviation to help you navigate the Customs, Immigration and COVID requirements for private jet charter to The Bahamas.